Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pretty Little Liars Season 5

So, yesterday Pretty Little Liars came back from hiatus. Get ready for a pretty pissed off review.

 Months ago, I stopped watching PLL because I thought it was dragging on too much, this show could have had 3 seasons and it'd be enough. It'd have been great if it had just stopped when Mona was A. But no, since it gets lots of money, let's make quantity not quality. I absolutely love the characters and their personalities and lines, but there's no plot anymore. Well, technically there is one, but it's so bad. It's like on the books, I read the 8 first books, in which I did not enjoy the writing, but wanted to know who A is. And on book 8 we get a great theory, it was the most cliche one but it was fun to read, so it was a good closure. BUT IT DIDN'T FREAKING END.
 Not only the author keeps bombarding the character with stupid, unrealistic drama, but also the books don't appeal to me at all. There has been at least 4 "A"s so far and it just got annoying. That's why I liked the TV show better. I've been watching it since season 1 was aired, and the first 3 season were pretty good and fun to watch. There wasn't the awful and mega-descriptive writing of Sara Shepard and there were the amazing actresses that made the characters so special and lovable.
 The actresses and actors are still great, the last good thing about the show to be honest. Last night's episode was just disappointing to me. I caught up on the series because I heard A was revealed and it was just bad. Like, Shana? Really? I liked the fact that Ezra was following A and everything, but I was hoping for someone with understandable reasons, at least. Shana is just someone who fell in love with a jerk and instead of hating that jerk, she became a sick twisted revenge person or whatever.
 I wish the show would have ended, not just went completely down hill, to the point that I get annoyed when I hear about it. I'm sad that those amazing actresses are working with such a poor plot when they have amazing skills that could portray such deeper characters.
   Bia.

No comments:

Post a Comment